Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday & the first sketch

I'm starting a new thing as of today. In an effort to expand my drawing ability, I'll be doing at least one caricature a day, Monday through Friday, for at least four weeks. If I get a good response and usable feedback, I may keep it up longer or at least keep up some sort of drawing a day. So please, leave comments to these posts so that I have an idea of how I'm doing!

If nothing else, let me know if it looks like the person I'm trying to draw. A big part of what I'm trying to do is achieving a "likeness."

And so, here's today's drawing. I thought, if I'm going to be drawing exaggerated versions of other people, I might as well start with myself. It's not too flattering, but that's okay. What do you think? Does it look like me?

be

3 comments:

Carrie said...

it's you! caricatures aren't meant to be flattering. I think it looks great! keep going.

KBrodie said...

Defiantly captured a likeness! At first glance I wanted to make the background a beautiful head of hair. Haha. The body looks a little small but I think that's just the nature of caricatures. Can't wait to see more!

Brenda said...

Looks just like you, but exaggerated like a caricature should!Great work! Love it!