Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hold on... what?









So last night as I was putting up some movies at the movie store (my part-time job), I saw a cover box that almost made me burst out laughing on the spot. That's what spawned this quick, little drawing of Taylor Wolf-thing-SHARKBOY. Yeah, that's what made almost crack up! The big, bad Jacob from Twilight was once in that wretched turd by Robert Rodriguez. Don't get me wrong, I really like some of RR's movies, but the "Spy Kids" and the "... Sharkboy and Lavagirl" movies should never have been made. I was forced to watch part of Spy Kids 2 once (Was it with eyes peeled back, Clockwork Orange-style? I'll let you speculate... ) and I actually felt part of my brain turn to mush. It must have been a piece of my equilibrium. Ask my wife, I'm a horrible klutz.

Anyway, I'm also including some sketches. One is the grayscale stuff from the sharkboy (I don't feel like I can really call him anything else now) drawing and the others are early versions of the Marlon Wayans piece. I've got some paintings and stuff coming, but I don't know if I'll finish today so I thought you guys might like to see this while you wait. Enjoy.

Later,
be



No comments: